Saturday, February 14, 2015

50 Ways of Love

This morning (Valentine's Day), I woke up with the anticipation and joy of love.  A smile crossed my face as I remembered how very loved I am today not only by my Heavenly Father but by so many people who I share life with (some more regularly than others :).

This morning, I made a Valentines Day breakfast for my roommate and myself... a tradition I started after working with Merge Church in Minneapolis.  While praying for our meal, I was reminded how love can be such a mixture of things for so many people.  In particular with '50 Shades of Grey' coming out in theatres we are reminded of that reality ever more.  What is love?  Do we even know what it is anymore?  How do we accept it and how do we give it?  And do we even know Love Himself?

This past week on Facebook, I've seen countless articles about '50 Shades of Grey.'  In reflecting upon love today, I decided to write my own "50 Ways of Love"- acknowledging, honouring, thanking, recognising some of the ways in which I have been loved this past year.  It's only a drop in the bucket in literally the countless ways people have shown me love in my life.  For that I am truly grateful, honoured, and most importantly LOVED this Valentine's Day!  Thank YOU!

50 Ways of Love:

1) Love Himself
2) Redoing my room while I'm away in America
3) Giving me silly gifts that are way past my birthday but are exactly ME
4) Snuggling with me on the couch
5) Giving me a back message
6) Spending the holidays with me and opening up your home
7) An email from MRG
8) Adventures through Minneapolis
9) Allowing me to stay over at your house
10) Incredible hospitality (even if I need it last minute)
11) My countless supporters especially through their sacrifice financially allowing me to stay in Belfast
12) Chris' accountability
13) Laura telling me to "wind my neck in"
14) The Mass
15) All the favours my mom still does for me
16) My parents picking me up from the airport and allowing me to use their car
17) Meals around the table
18) Grandpa and Grandma's handwritten letters
19) Grandpa Jim driving the speed boat so I can ski at the Lake House
20) My cousins giving me crackers because they know I miss them in Ireland
21) Encouraging emails
22) Time of prayer with sisters
23) Mags putting up with my fits
24) All the lifts I constantly receive
25) Michael asking when I'm going to be coming home
26) Time with Annalise
27) Late birthday cards from a youth minister who still cares for me today as much as when I was 16
28) Taking me on adventures
29) Birthday attack hugs at 12 AM
30) Playing games of farkle
31) Slaggin
32) Speaking prophetically over my life
33) Coming home to flowers
34) Asking for forgiveness and offering restoration
35) Loving me like sweet lemonade on a hot summers day or vanilla ice cream with apple pie
36) Watching a basketball game and rooting for my team in a pub. Go Cyclones!
37) Taking me out for lunch just because I'm in town
38) Sitting in coffee shops dreaming about life and sharing the realities of life right now- deep convos
39) Not wanting to change me
40) Listening to stories of Belfast and young people I work with
41) All the prayers lifted up for me that I will never know of
42) Facebook messages with Joe Hall
43) Making my favourite food
44) Getting me something from the shop 'just because'
45) Journeying alongside me (especially while discerning the Lord's call upon my life)
46) Notes left for me
47) Being my best friend
48) Allowing me to leave home AND making a home for me 'here' wherever 'here' maybe
49) Sunsets over the mountains with the ocean waves crashing in
50) God's Truths being spoken into my life

No comments:

Post a Comment