Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Am I really here?

On Saturday morning a little past 9 AM, I walked out of the Belfast airport with my trolley of luggage. I was in a bit of shock that everything had gone beyond smooth through the airport. Absolutely NOTHING went wrong, and even little things that I was nervous about where taken care of. So there I was with out much sleep, water, or food in me, climbing into the wee car of a man I had just met. Driving around the windy roads, I quickly realized that I wasn't in the Midwest any longer. I had arrived in Belfast, and I was ready to begin my new life!

The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. My mind, body, and soul seem to be all over the place! It's hard to even know what to write or explain because I barely understand it myself. It's so strange that I am here, but it seems so natural and normal. I feel like I am living in a dream, and I am just waiting to wake up. I know that I am in Belfast, but it totally has not hit me that I have packed my bags and I now live in another country.

Sometimes I have little moments when I realize it, but overall, it has not hit me. I have just been going through the actions: rapidly learning as much as I can and enjoying the company of lovely people. My life here so far has been incredible, and I have been blessed with so much grace, love, and friendships. God knows exactly what I need when and He has been providing for it.

After I settle in a bit more, I will write more details and include pictures. Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers. You are all incredible. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment