Wednesday, January 29, 2014

8 Days

In 8 days on Thursday February 6, I am headed back to the States for a two and a half week visit. I've been talking about it daily for weeks now. I'm so excited to just spend time in my parents house, chilling, heating, and just being with them. I'll also visit other family and friends in Iowa and Illinois and spend a few days visiting friends in the Twin Cities.  The goal of the trip is just to have some time off recharging for my service in Belfast.

In some ways it feels like I was just back in the States, but I know for my parents they patiently wait for my visits back to Iowa. Last time I was home, I literally traveled all over the Midwest visiting friends and fundraising.  It was incredible being able to see so many people, but it wasn't necessarily restful. I'm constantly having to battle myself to take time off and just rest. When my family isn't around its easy to get wrapped up in work or the busyness of life.

I look forward to sleeping in, watching movie with mom while knitting a scarf, playing cards with dad, and having dinners together.  It will be strange to go from mild wet weather into the snow covered frozen tundra.  I can't wait to eat my favorite foods, see my new room, and drive a car. I'm so blessed to be from a family who loves me so much, and I long to spend more time with them.  As much as my family loves me, I am so grateful that they let me go, to follow Gods call on my life and the great adventure in which I am on. It really is a wonderful adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment