Saturday, April 9, 2011

You don't have to read this- part 3

Today I learned that Linda's story continues on not just here in my blog or with the people at St. Al's but all around the country. I received a phone call from my grandmother today saying that in the Dubuque Telegraph which is in Iowa she read the story about Br. Al who found Linda. He actually was there with her when she died. He was looking out his window and didn't see her, so he went in search of her to find her barely breathing. He called the parish nurse (who has a parish nurse? I love it because there is need for one) who said to rub on her sternum. Finally the paramedics arrived and after an hour of working on her, they declared her dead. I am so grateful that Brother Al was with her. I am so grateful that she didn't die alone. I am so grateful that her death isn't in vain. I am so grateful that her story continues on. May many people's hearts be moved in compassion to yell "injustice" and pray for God's justice to reign here on earth.

(More from the article to come in the near future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment